So I am back with another interview of a very famous blogger from India
I got an opportunity to interview my friend and a well-known blogger – Ankit Singla
So without wasting your precious time.
Let’s get started.
- 1 An Interview With Ankit Singla – Founder of BloggerTipsTricks.com
- 1.1 1. Please introduce yourself to BloggingIndian readers?
- 1.2 2. What inspired you to start blogging? What are your favorite blogs that made you what you are today?
- 1.3 3. What are the skills that can help a beginner to start living a laptop lifestyle?
- 1.4 4. What are your income sources? How much do you make every month at an average?
- 1.5 5. Which revenue source do you think is the most effective for bloggers/marketers?
- 1.6 6. What do you think about blogging in India?
- 1.7 7. How to convince parents to start supporting their child to start a blog? How did you convince your parents?
- 1.8 8. What are your favorite ways to generate traffic to your blog?
- 1.9 9. Which blogging tools do you recommend?
- 1.10 10. If you had to start from scratch, what would you do different? What’s your #1 blogging mistake?
- 1.11 11. What role did school and college shape you in making you a marketer?
- 1.12 12. What is your life mantra?
- 1.13 13. Which hosting will you recommend to newbie bloggers?
- 1.14 14. The most challenging moment in your Blogging career and How you dealt with it?
- 1.15 15. What special tip you would like to give to newbies who are just starting out in Blogging?
An Interview With Ankit Singla – Founder of BloggerTipsTricks.com
1. Please introduce yourself to BloggingIndian readers?
Hey BloggingIndian readers, I am Ankit Singla, a professional blogger, Affiliate Marketer, YouTuber and a Public Speaker from New Delhi, India.
I have been blogging for 9 years and love to share my blogging knowledge with the community through my blog BloggerTipsTricks.com.
2. What inspired you to start blogging? What are your favorite blogs that made you what you are today?
To be honest, I started blogging just to make money online.
But today, the things are different. I now enjoy Blogging more than anything. It has changed my life for good. It has given me time and money freedom.
Although I like many blogs and learn from various sources, but what I am today is a result of my learning attitude, continuous efforts, dedication and commitment.
I love to put myself in uncomfortable situations because the more comfortable you become in uncomfortable situation, the more you grow.
3. What are the skills that can help a beginner to start living a laptop lifestyle?
As there are many ways to earn money online and enjoy a laptop lifestyle, it will be hard to list down all the required skills.
But if you want to make your career in Blogging, you must possess these skills:
- Writing (especially CopyWriting)
- SEO and
You can live a laptop lifestyle by mastering a single skill as well.
Say, you want to make your career in freelancing, then you can master the graphic designing skill or video editing skill or any other skill and make a decent income online.
See what is the area of your interest. Learn the essential skills and create your dream laptop lifestyle for yourself.
4. What are your income sources? How much do you make every month at an average?
Most of my income comes from Affiliate Marketing which is in 5 figures USD.
5. Which revenue source do you think is the most effective for bloggers/marketers?
It entirely depends on your niche, but my 3 best picks are:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Product Selling
- Providing Services
6. What do you think about blogging in India?
I think it’s growing at a faster speed. People are realizing the power of a platform to communicate and show their ideas.
With the rise in digitalization, people are looking up online for literally everything they do, may that be shopping a product or looking for a symptom of a disease.
Blogging is definitely a bright option to choose as a career only if you are passionate towards it.
7. How to convince parents to start supporting their child to start a blog? How did you convince your parents?
You should not try to convince them.
Instead, show them your results. Prove yourself first and they themselves will encourage you to keep going.
I did not convince my parents for Blogging. I started making decent income while I was studying in college.
Later I joined a full-time job and continued Blogging. My blog started growing and I left my job. Today, I am a full-time blogger.
See, I never had to convince my parents. 😉
8. What are your favorite ways to generate traffic to your blog?
As I am purely into Affiliate Marketing, targeted traffic is crucial for me.
No one can deny the fact that Search engine traffic or organic traffic gives the best conversions. So I primarily focus on getting more and more targeted organic traffic.
Apart from it, building a community is always a great idea. So, I also focus on traffic from:
- Email List
- Facebook Group
- And my social profiles
The thing to understand here is, I do not just hanker after the traffic. I focus on building a strong community and followership on each channel and use them to drive traffic to my blog. As the audience is super targeted, they like the content and share with others. This is how I keep getting new readers to my blog.
9. Which blogging tools do you recommend?
Although, there are many Blogging tools I use and recommend, but here are few essential tools one need to start blogging:
- A Domain name and a good Hosting like HostGator or [eafl id=”2055″ name=”Bluehost” text=”Bluehost”]
- A professional Theme and few basic plugins
- A keyword research tool (trust me or not, you need a keyword research tool to start targeting potential keywords from the beginning. You can’t shot in the dark.)
Once you start getting some traffic, you should focus on optimizing and scaling your blog. For that you need:
- A list building tool like Thrive Leads
- A Heatmap tool like SumoMe or HotJar and
- A CDN like MaxCDN
These are the blogging tools a professional blogger will always use and recommend. As per your needs, you may want to use other tools as well.
10. If you had to start from scratch, what would you do different? What’s your #1 blogging mistake?
When I started my main blog BloggerTipsTricks.com, I had no proper plans to monetize my blog. This was my biggest mistake.
If I start from scratch today, I will make sure to publish each and every article on my blog with proper planning and strategy that contributes in my blog’s branding and revenue.
11. What role did school and college shape you in making you a marketer?
Marketing is not taught in schools and colleges. They just emphasize on getting good grades to become a slave of others.
There are many things that we learn by our own and marketing was one of them for me. To scale up my affiliate marketing income, I had to learn different marketing techniques. This is how I became good at marketing.
12. What is your life mantra?
My life mantra is; If you are not getting desired output, that means there is something you don’t know. Don’t change your goals, change your strategies. Keep learning and keep experimenting.
13. Which hosting will you recommend to newbie bloggers?
A normal shared hosting plan from HostGator or Bluehost is good enough for newbies. I started my blog from HostGator only.
14. The most challenging moment in your Blogging career and How you dealt with it?
Making a consistent income from my blog was the biggest challenge for me.
I had tried different ways to monetize my blog like displaying Google Ads, publishing sponsored posts but I always wanted to have that next big shift when it comes to monetizing my blog.
Then I entered into the world of Affiliate Marketing and my life got changed completely. Today I am one of the top affiliates of many big brands like SEMrush.
I recently shared my affiliate marketing journey along with my personal affiliate marketing tips and techniques in Digi Sessions Conference. You may want to watch the session recording below.
15. What special tip you would like to give to newbies who are just starting out in Blogging?
Treat Blogging like a real business.
Do not expect for quick results. Quick traffic, quick money. It does not work like this.
Have a long-term vision and plan things accordingly. Keep learning essential skills and do not hesitate to take help from others. This is how we learn and grow in life. Best wishes for your blogging career.
Feel free to connect with me if you need any help in Blogging or Affiliate Marketing. I will be glad to help you.
I hope you must have learnt a lot from this interview then please comment below.
Also please share it with your friends on social media.